Friday, August 1, 2008

Fine Art Oil Painting: Deer by the Garden




Living in the highest incorporated town in the United States gives a person access to much mountain wildlife. Foxes and deer regularly visit my yard. Case in point the picture will show you. If I stand very still, they will look straight at me but not be afraid and run off. If I move just a little bit, they will bolt. "Deer by the Garden" is a dip into the pool of representational cubism a la Picasso. A blue mood overcame me at the time I was painting it, so I went with this feeling, thus the blues and greens. Depth in oil painting is very important to me as well as some creative abstraction. Comments are welcome! Thank you and enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I also enjoy seeing wildlife in my yard, it's funny though my dogs almost never see the deer.

I don't know how a dog could miss a deer 100ft from them but the deer must just be too stealthy.

Investinternals said...

Excellent one. This is something more than a word to define or explain. It is an amazing bless received from god and no doubt... keep ahead.

Wishes from Sherin
http://investinternals.blogspot.com

Rituraj Vyas said...

Although every post in this blog starts up with something unique and different but i loved this one at the very first sight. Really beautiful. Keep posting such stuff.

Anonymous said...

I think this one is my favorite, your a wonderful artist. I really enjoyed your paintings and pictures. Keep up the good work!

James Broadfoot said...

Wow I missed this one on my last visit, this deer painting is really beatiful, maybe my favorite